Electronic Prescription Service
Electronic Prescription Service (EPS)
Electronic prescribing has arrived at Maple View! The Electronic Prescription Service is an NHS service. It gives you the chance to change how your GP sends your prescription to the place you choose to get your medicines or appliances from.
What does this mean for you?
- If you collect your repeat prescriptions from your GP you will not have to visit your GP practice to pick up your paper prescription. Instead, your GP will send it electronically to the place you choose, saving you time.
- You will have more choice about where to get your medicines from because they can be collected from a pharmacy near to where you live, work or shop.
- You may not have to wait as long at the pharmacy as there will be time for your repeat prescriptions to be ready before you arrive.
Is this service right for you?
- Yes, if you have a stable condition and you:
- Don’t want to go to your GP practice every time to collect your repeat prescription.
- Collect your medicines from the same place most of the time or use a prescription collection service now.
It may not be if you:
- Don’t get prescriptions very often.
- Pick up your medicines from different places.
How to use EPS
Ask any pharmacy or dispensing appliance contractor that offers EPS to add your nomination for you. You do not need a computer to do this. You can change your nomination or cancel it and get a paper prescription at any time. Speak to your pharmacist or GP practice.
Click on the link below to watch a small video explaining EPS: